40 years of experience, more than 35 000 projects!
Daniel Moquet’s story begins in 1977. He is only 23 years old at the time and after a level 3 qualification in landscaping, he decides to create his own landscaping company.
In the 90s, aware of this niche market potential, he became a specialist in this activity. Success was on the way and in 2003, Daniel Moquet decided to replicate this successful business model in different key markets, starting with a second contracting company with his daughter Pauline as the driving force.
Pauline was only 21 years old and newly graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in landscaping, but she managed to succeed and achieved a turnover of £450,000 in the second year.
Daniel Moquet knows it: he has a real concept here. So, he decides to develop a franchise.
From 2005 to 2010:
- In 2005: The 1st franchise opened in Brittany, France. One year later was the opening of the 10th franchise in Poitiers. Membership of the FFF (French Franchise Federation).
- 2007: Daniel Moquet is awarded the Franchise Network’s ‘Most Promising’ Trophy. 1st Daniel Moquet national convention.
- 2008: Opening of the 20th franchise in Pontivy. Creation of commissions groups for reflection and consultation with the franchisees.
- 2009: Opening of the 50th franchise in Gisors. Creation of a call centre to manage the franchisees' customer appointments.
- 2010: Launch of the first branded product, the "La Couture" paving stone.
From 2011 to 2015:
- 2011: Daniel Moquet receives the Silver Franchise Ribbon from the FFF (French Franchise Federation). Patent registration for the Alvéostar® brand product.
- 2012 : Daniel Moquet's two daughters join the head office. Pauline assists Daniel Moquet with national development and is in charge of training and network communication. Camille is in charge of international development and administrative and financial management.
- 2013: Creation of the Stardraine® production plant in Blois. 1st national advertising campaign on TV. The network is labelled a "golden network", and ranked at the top of the Top 10 best franchises by the Franchise Indicator, following the audit carried out in September among franchisees. 88.4% of them are satisfied with the network, and 99% are optimistic about the future of the network and their company.
- 2014: 100 Daniel Moquet companies with 99% success rate. Master Franchise development in Europe, opening of the first branch in Belgium in April 2014.
- 2015 : Launch of a new Mineralstar® branded product. Web presence strengthening.
From 2016 to date:
- 2016: Opening of the 150th Daniel Moquet business in Nancy. Awarded the Coup de Coeur trophy for the participatory network by the Express.
- 2017: Awarded 4 prizes by the Franchise Indicator, including the 2017 Golden Network.
- 2018: 200 Daniel Moquet companies now proudly create your driveways. Launch of the new Stardraine® grey product. Opening of a branch in Reunion Island.
- 2019: 2 new services for franchisees with the hiring of a lawyer and a buyer at the network head office. Daniel Moquet receives the Golden Ribbon of Franchising from the FFF (French Franchising Federation). Launch of a new Daniel Moquet Signe Vos Clôtures franchise network.
- 2019: Creation of GMBH in Germany.
- 2020 : Opening of 7 Daniel Moquet Driveway Designer branches and 23 Daniel Moquet Signe Vos Clôtures companies.
- 2020: Opening of the Reading branch in England
- 2020: Membership in the BFA (British Franchise Association) and BALI (British Association Of Landscape Industries).
- 2021: Opening of the DM School.